What is Letsema Centre?
LETSEMA CENTRE is a non-profit section 21 organization registered in South Africa.
LETSEMA CENTRE exists to empower people, organizations and communities towards community development and sustainable democracy.
LETSEMA CENTRE is guided by five pillars:
1) undertaking social research;
2) implementing capacity development;
3) partnering for global learning;
4) publishing experiences of volunteers; and
5) strengthening grassroots democratization.
LETSEMA CENTRE is also a host site for an international volunteer learning partnership between non-profit organizations in South Africa, and counterparts from Brazil and Germany, and involving mainly youth (and adult) volunteers interested in exploring different local initiatives impacting on the socio-politico-economic challenges and thereby achieving sustainable livelihoods.